Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In The Words Of...

Kenzie Shreeve...

While I was at home, two of my sisters were gone, one out of the country for her birthday and the other in Vegas with friends, so I went with my parents to Lake Powell. I was eager to go because I had not been for about seven years. My dad and uncle have been working on the house boat but we all got to go this time as well, which was definitely nice to get out of Eagle for my last weekend home. I spent most of the weekend taking care of my neice Zakia, which is fine because I do not get to see her alot. She has become such a character. She was okay being in the water until she saw a fish swim past her feet. My younger sister Lauren came along as well. We joked around alot as we always do and were able to be in the sun and water with the weather being as nice as it was. We found out that Lauren is somewhat claustrophobic and couldn't sleep down below in the bedrooms, that was pretty comical. It was kind of a rough weekend for her though, as she jumped into the water she forgot she was wearing her glasses. They are now laying down in the bottom of Lake Powell probably with many numerous items from the past. All in all it was a great trip and it was nice to spend the time with my family...just wish my two older sisters were there to share the many laughs.

No comments: