Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In The Words Of...

Breanna VanDerMost...

Going home for summer is always a tough adjustment because we are leaving our teammates and friends. However this year I was very excited to go home for the month of May because my parents bought two 8-week-year-old puppies a week before classes got out. I couldn’t wait to go home and play with my new puppies!!! The puppies are muts so it is hard to say what they are, but my family and I do know that they are part Chihuahua and a mix of Terrier. This combination may sound ugly, but they are so adorable! The puppies will be three months old on June 15. Jade, our little princess, is the brown one. She is so playful, and loves to lick our faces. It is so funny to watch her run because she bounds and kind of skips. It is so cute!! We named her Jade because her eyes are bright green. That is one of the reasons we picked her from the litter of six. While my parents and I were seeing the litter for the first time, I knew I couldn’t go home without Jade. And I am so happy I didn’t!! Jasper is our little fluff ball. He is very mischievous, and loves to get into the plants in the backyard. But even when he is being bad, he is still so cute no one can be mad at him for long. We named our little guy Jasper because he is so white and reminded of Casper the friendly Ghost. But, I didn’t want to name him Casper, so I cleverly thought of Jasper, which fits him perfectly! When we first saw Jasper, my dad laid down in the grass, picked him up in his arms, and said, “You’re going home with us!” There was no debate between my parents and I that Jasper needed to be our puppy. I was so lucky to have three weeks with the puppies (or how I call them is the “babies”). It’s hard not being with them now, but since they are only two hours away in Colorado Springs, I know I will see them soon!!

In the last weekend in May, I had to be pulled away from my babies to go on vacation to California. Most of my aunts and uncles live in California, so I love visiting there. It feels like a second home. I stayed with my aunt KT in her condo in Irvine, which is a part of Orange County. I had a great time going to the beach and laying out. My favorite is Huntington Beach!! It's a great place to shop, play beach volleyball, and of course play in the waves. This trip was shorter than my usual visits to California, but it was still just as great! Well I’m back in Greeley now, working out and enjoying spending time with my teammates. Summer is great but I can’t wait for the fall, GO BEARS!!

No comments: