Monday, August 24, 2009

In the Words Of...

Natalie Laband;

It has been a blast living up here in Greeley this summer! It is extremely hot! Much hotter here than in Monument where I grew up. I must admit I saved up my money for my first big purchase---an air conditioning unit! What can I say---I am a wimp! Ahhhhhhhhh, I can FINALLY sleep!
We have experienced many adventures up here so far. Our first adventure was moving into the house! I live with Bre W, Jill, and Natasha in what we like to call “the dollhouse.” It is definitely different living on your own; it’s a blast because every night is a slumber party. It does have its drawbacks though, like cooking for myself, it can be fun but at times I wish I could have my mom cook me one of her amazing dinners. Just recently we had a new addition to the household--spotted last week--a baby mouse! Yuck! We have a basement so when the tornadoes start rolling in we head down there with whoever doesn’t have a basement, (Kenzie, Ashley, Abbie, and Julie) and hang out till the storm passes.
The schedule has been very busy. I am taking a class, we workout every day, while playing lots of volleyball and spending time with our new best friend, Nottingham Field’s track and stadium to run! But there is always time to lay at the pool too and hang out and do midnight slip n’ slide. A bunch of the team gets together and we have found a new obsession of watching all the Sex and the City episodes while eating dinner together.
In June, I got to go to the O.A.R. concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre with Bre Williams and a couple of our friends. Red Rocks is my favorite venue for a concert, its outdoors and you’re in the middle of some of Colorado’s natural beauty. Not only was this concert at an amazing place but also O.A.R. is one of my favorite bands and seeing them live was incredible. I also got to go to Florida for a long weekend to spend with my family for my cousin’s wedding. I have eight people in my family so it was really special that we all got to be there together and see all my cousins, aunts, and uncles. A couple days after I got back some of the girls and I went to Water World! We had a blast. Many of us conquered one of our biggest fears, the skyline speed slides. They are slides that go pretty much straight down! Very scary but so much fun! We were there at the opening time at 10:00am and left at 6:00pm and we only took one break for a quick lunch. We were exhausted and our feet were raw from walking on the cement all day. We managed to escape the day without sunburns minus Ashley’s scalp :-(. We plan on going again soon but next time wearing matching water shoes.
I also got to experience the Greeley Stampede for the first time! I actually got to go twice…amazing! I went to see Phil Vassar, one of my favorite country artists, he was incredible! The concert was delayed due to rain but that didn’t stop us from going out there. We were in standing room only so we were on the dirt but because of the rain the dirt turned straight to mud so I decided it would be smart to take off my flip flops so I wouldn’t lose them in the heavy mud and just walk barefoot. Very good decision on my part, many people joined me and my dirty feet even made it into the Greeley Tribune. The second time I went with Julie, Bre and Jill and we rode the rides and listened the music at the free stage. The rides were fun but the “Ring of Fire” was one I could only handle once. You go in a circle round and round then sit upside down for 30 seconds then go again! Scary!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.