Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In the Words Of...

Breanna Williams

As my first summer as an official college student and now sophomore of UNC, I have had a ton of fun and exciting experiences that could not have taken place if I have not been staying in Greeley for the summer. Moving from the dorms into my house was definitely one of the first adventures to take place this summer and boy was it hard work to move a bed up a steep flight of stairs. Once “The Dollhouse” settled down, my three roommates and I began our new life in Greeley. Workouts have been tough, but after each session is completed I feel that much closer to a Big Sky Championship. It is a powerful feeling seeing my team together everyday working hard and accomplishing so much between our ever growing friendships and athletic ability. Besides the volleyball I have had many other fun times here! Last week a few of us on the team went to water world and had an absolute blast. We managed to hit almost every ride in the park and conquer some fears of the zoomerang along with the sky high white slides that seem to go straight down. I also went to my first concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre to see one of my favorite bands, O.A.R., perform. There have also been some late night slip n’ slide encounters as well as some chill team moments of hanging out and eating some fajitas and amazing chocolate chip cheesecake but so far this summer has been everything I could ask for and more! With all this fun and hard work it is easy to forget that someday we will actually have to grow up and attend real jobs. Until then I will continue to enjoy the summer and look forward to our fall season!

Bre

No comments: